To optimize ones website for best results, it is mandatory to improve the web design. Improving the web design can be achieved through changing of layout and strategy of the website for a user friendly website. As a web designer, putting yourself in the customers position is the best way to come up with meaningful changes to be implemented.
The 7 tips to improve your website design are:
- Have a plan.For increased efficiency of the website and to effectively meet the needs of the site visitors one must have a plan. A plan includes what the contents of the website are, identifying the audience to the contents of the website and most importantly the logo of the website and should be prominently located on the website.
- Include only what you need.Useless information to the site visitors should be excluded with the objective of keeping the website tidy. Get rid of all the unnecessary elements. To keep visitors on you site it is advisable that pages do not have competing to visual or action clutter to avoid confusing the user.
- Reduce the number of pages and keep your pages loading quickly.If the website visitors are having problems loading your pages they cant access the website content. Simplify your website by having fewer pages to explore and that those available facilitate what is necessary in the website. Also choose the fonts that are easy t read across browsers and devices.
- Keep the website contents current/upgraded and consolidate your navigation.Your website should not contain outdated information or weak content otherwise you will loose the customer’s confidence. Confusing navigation repels customers; simplify your navigation through use of consolidated that don’t need their own link. Upgrading your design may also be achieved through making it mobile, provide a way for visitors using mobile phones to get critical information or rather browse through your entire website.
- Implement Call-to-Action. Predetermine exactly what you intend the visitors the visitors to do when they visit your website. Visitors will not know what to do or even which pages to view if you have not provided any directions. You should prominently call-to-action on your website and visitors will be automatically guided throughout your website.
- Provide your contact information.Including contact information in every page is efficient for there is nothing more disappointing than a website that has no contact information. It should be easy for the visitors to communicate with the owner of the website in case they need to visit or email the owner of the website pertaining issues on the website.
- Test your design.User testing of a website and making simple analytics helps in continuous improvement of the website.
Not sure how to do these things yourself? A webmaster will be able to help you.